Easy and quick to make, this vegetarian rice recipe is also deliciously flavored.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- 50 g Beaufort
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 260 g brown rice
- 1 tsp. tablespoon of pesto
- 6 sheets of basil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Heat the vegetable broth.
- Peel and cut the vegetables into mirepoix.
- Slice the dried tomatoes.
- Grate the Beaufort.
- In a large sauté pan with a lid, melt the butter, add the onion, cook it without coloring, then add the rest of the vegetables. Cook for a few minutes over low heat then pour in the rice, mix well.
- Add the vegetable broth to the height of the rice, then add more as it cooks (like a risotto).
- Just before the end of cooking, add the pesto and Beaufort, adjust the seasoning.
- Arrange in a dish or plates, and add a few basil leaves.
Find out more about Beaufort
Beaufort: Formerly called “vachelin”, Beaufort is a hard pressed cheese whose production experienced a real impetus in the Middle Ages.
Monks and villagers then began to clear the pastures to graze their dairy cows, which boosted milk production and the production of this product.
Knowing great success until the 1960s, it nevertheless almost disappeared during the rural exodus ... Joining forces to save this local product, professionals in the sector succeeded in relaunching its production and even obtaining an AOC in 1968.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche