Here is an original mold recipe where the sea and the vegetable garden, herbs and mushrooms are even.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 kg of mussels
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 5 cl of dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. chervil
- 1 tbsp. tarragon
- 10 cl of fresh cream (30% fat)
- 25 g Guérande salt butter
> Read also: all our recipes with mussels
Forester-style vegetable mussels
- Peel and wash the vegetables and herbs.
- Cut the carrot and celery into small cubes.
- Chop the onion and shallots.
- Slice the button mushrooms.
- Scrape and wash the mussels.
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven, sweat the onion and shallots for 3 min.
- Add the carrot and celery. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, then the mushrooms.
- Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Drizzle with wine, add the mussels.
- Pepper. Cover and cook over low heat until they open, stirring regularly.
- Place them in a salad bowl covered with aluminum foil.
- Reduce the cooking juices by half, add the crème fraîche. Reduce again until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add the mussels. Mix them to coat them with the sauce and sprinkle with herbs.
Serve hot on a deep plate.
Recipe: CIDIL, Photo: C. Herlédan
Read also: all our recipes with mussels